Booking Terms and Conditions
- Confirmation: All course booking forms submitted are provisional. An invoice will be emailed and the booking is confirmed when full payment has been received.
- Payment: due within 10 days of invoice date, or prior to the start date of the course. A receipt and pre-course information will be then sent to you.
- Cancellation and transfers of the course by the client must be made in writing.
- The following conditions apply to standard courses (see separate section for blended courses):
- More than 4 weeks notice > Full refund given
Between 2-4 weeks notice > 50% refund given
Less than 2 weeks notice > Full fee retained
Failure to attend > Full fee retained
Late arrival resulting in failure to complete the full qualification > Full fee retained.
- Cancellation by the First Aid Training Specialists: This is very unlikely, however we reserve the right to cancel at any time, if this were to occur you would receive the full booking fee within 28 days. If a course has to be cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances we will make every attempt to contact you at the address, telephone, fax, email given on your booking form.
- Contact time: Late arrivals or absences during the course or from any session will probably mean that you will not receive the qualification certificate for which you have joined the course. Qualifications have a mandatory contact time requirement. In all such cases the full course fee remains payable.
- Certificates: The cost of the certificate is included in the fees. Typically they are received 2-3 weeks following the course.
- FAWR courses: A current FAW certificate must be provided to be able to complete the renewal course. If this evidence is not able to be produced the learner(s) must complete the 3-day FAW instead by re-booking again at additional cost.
- Responsibilities: First Aid training is an active practical subject and can be physically demanding. Participants are normally expected to be physically fit enough to kneel, twist, and bend over simulated casualties, to sit on the floor, to perform simulated CPR, roll, be rolled and help roll simulated casualties.
- Please bring any medical problems to our attention when booking the course.
- Right of Admission; The First Aid Training Specialists reserves the right to refuse admission to any delegate exhibiting unruly or anti-social behavior to either its staff or other delegates. Any such incident will result in the immediate removal of the offending party. Course fees will be retained by The First Aid Training Specialists.
- Identity: We have to verify candidate identity as there is increasing use of qualification certificates to support identity fraud and issues relating to assessment authenticity. Please bring some form of signed (e.g. credit card) or photographic (e.g. driving license) identity confirmation to your first aid course. If your identity cannot be authenticated during the course then certification will be delayed until the Awarding Body can confirm your identity.
- Pre-course information: You must ensure that you have read the pre-course information which will be emailed to you once payment is received and your booking is confirmed. You must be aware of pre-course requirements especially relating to enrolment, responsibilities and contact time.
- Facility requirements: A room with tables and chairs for all the candidates, along with additional practical training space is required for the course. A power source is required for the instructor.
- Photography: The First Aid Training Specialists may seek to use photos of students for website / publicity purposes. Please advise us if you would prefer not to be involved in this.
- Social media: The First Aid Training Specialists may use photos and course statistics for social media purposes. Please advise us if you would prefer not to be involved in this.
- Insurance: is carried by the First Aid Training Specialists. Copies are available upon request.
- Disclaimer: The First Aid Training Specialists should not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or delay of any kind to the client, employee of the client or any third party by any act, default or omission of any kind however caused except so far as such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- Force Majeure: The First Aid Training Specialists cannot be held responsible for any incident or occurrence outside its control that affects the provision of any given course date, course forecast, course content or course timing, and/or including cancellation, amendment or re-scheduling. Where a course content or course timing has to be amended/cancelled/re-scheduled for whatever reason, The First Aid Training Specialists will make every reasonable effort to make alternative arrangements.
- Upon successful completion by all learners of both tutor-led and online training certificates will be posted within 14 days.
- The certificates are dated from completion of tutor led training.