Paediatric First Aid
This course can be delivered either as a
or as a traditional 2-day tutor-led course
This comprehensive Paediatric First Aid course has been developed for those who are working with children and infants.
It is ideal for individuals who are responsible for children and infants, who wish to gain the certificate.
This two-day course satisfies the guidelines and criteria as laid down by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and OFSTED.
1-day online training completed at times convenient to the learners,
followed by 1-day tutor-led training.
2 days tutor-led training.
The First Aid Training Specialists offer you the ability to adapt the course to meet your workplace needs.
A range of subjects that the standard syllabus includes:
• Responsibilities and reporting • Resuscitation • Fainting • Assessment of the situation
• Head injuries • Choking • Dealing with an unresponsive casualty • Diabetes
• Fractures • Infantile convulsions • Foreign bodies • Meningitis
• Control of bleeding and shock • Anaphylaxis • Burns • Eye injuries
• Heat and cold • Asthma • Sickle cell anaemia
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor in respect of the student’s practical skills and there will be multiple choice question paper to answer in respect of their knowledge.
A three year Paediatric First Aid certificate will be issued to the learner, subject to assessment.
The HSE strongly recommend to all workplaces that successful candidates take annual refresher training of three hours each year to maintain the qualification.
A maximum of 12 students can be accommodated on this course.
Students must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify.