First Aid at Work
This comprehensive qualification covers a wide range of first aid emergencies, enabling all participants to deal with emergency situations with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way. In addition, this course will include any protocol changes that may have arisen since their last training course. This course will give the participants a qualification to the highest level of First Aid, meeting the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
This course is generally run over three consecutive days. The First Aid Training Specialists can however offer you the flexibility by meeting your needs on various dates and times.
The First Aid Training Specialists offer you the opportunity to adapt the course to meet your workplace needs.
A range of subjects that the standard syllabus includes are:
• Legalities, responsibilities and reporting • Resuscitation • Assessment of the situation
• Dealing with an unresponsive casualty • Bandaging • Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
• Fractures and spinal injuries • Heart attacks • Choking • Control of bleeding
• Head injuries • Eye injuries • Poisoning • Chest injuries • Sprains and strains
• Burns • Asthma • Diabetes • Epilepsy • Stroke
Practical assessment is ongoing by the instructor each day, along with a written assessment on each day.
A three year First Aid at Work certificate will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
The HSE strongly recommend to all workplaces that successful candidates take annual refresher of three hours each year to maintain the qualification.
Up to 12 candidates can attend and must be a minimum of 14 years of age.