Booking Terms and Conditions
- Confirmation: Once a booking form and payment is received your course will be confirmed by email within 48 hours.
- Cancellation and transfer requests must be made in writing by the client.
- The following conditions apply to standard courses (see separate section for blended courses):
More than 4 weeks notice > Full refund given
Between 2-4 weeks notice > 50% refund given
Less than 2 weeks notice > Full fee retained
Failure to attend > Full fee retained
- Late arrival resulting in failure to complete the full qualification > Full fee retained.
- Cancellation by the First Aid Training Specialists: This is very unlikely, however we reserve the right to cancel at any time, if this were to occur you would receive the full payment within 14 days. If a course has to be cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen circumstances we will make every attempt to contact you at the telephone and email address given on your booking form.
- Contact time: Late arrivals or absences during the course or from any session will probably mean that you will not receive the qualification certificate for which you have joined the course. Qualifications have a mandatory contact time requirement. In all such cases the full course fee remains payable.
- Certificates: The cost of the certificate is included in the fees. Certificates are sent electronically, typically within 5 working days of the course.
- If a learner in unable to fulfil the assessment requirements a certificate of attendance will be given, at the discretion of the instructor.
- FAWR courses: A current FAW certificate must be provided to be able to complete the renewal course. If this evidence is not able to be produced the learner(s) must complete the 3-day FAW instead by re-booking again at additional cost.
- Responsibilities: First Aid training is an active practical subject and can be physically demanding. Participants are normally expected to be physically fit enough to kneel, twist, and bend over simulated casualties, to sit on the floor, to perform simulated CPR, roll, be rolled and help roll simulated casualties.
- Please bring any medical problems to our attention when booking the course.
- Right of Admission; The First Aid Training Specialists reserves the right to refuse admission to any delegate exhibiting unruly or anti-social behaviour to either its staff or other delegates. Any such incident will result in the immediate removal of the offending party. Course fees will be retained by The First Aid Training Specialists.
- Identity: We must verify candidate identity. In-house courses the learners identity must be confirmed by a member of staff in authority. If an open course learners need to bring personal identification to the course.
- Pre-course information: You must ensure that you have read the pre-course information which will be emailed to you once payment is received and your booking is confirmed. You must be aware of pre-course requirements especially relating to enrolment, responsibilities and contact time.
- Facility requirements: A room with tables and chairs for all the candidates, along with additional practical training space is required for the course. A power source is required for the instructor.
- Photography: The First Aid Training Specialists may seek to use photos of students for website / publicity purposes. Please advise us if you would prefer not to be involved in this.
- Social media: The First Aid Training Specialists may use photos and course statistics for social media purposes. Please advise us if you would prefer not to be involved in this.
- Insurance: is carried by the First Aid Training Specialists. Copies are available upon request.
- Disclaimer: The First Aid Training Specialists should not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or delay of any kind to the client, employee of the client or any third party by any act, default or omission of any kind however caused except so far as such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- Force Majeure: The First Aid Training Specialists cannot be held responsible for any incident or occurrence outside its control that affects the provision of any given course date, course forecast, course content or course timing, and/or including cancellation, amendment or re-scheduling. Where a course content or course timing has to be amended/cancelled/re-scheduled for whatever reason, The First Aid Training Specialists will make every reasonable effort to make alternative arrangements.
- Online training enrolment details are sent to all learners approximately 2 weeks prior to the tutor-led training day.
- Online training must be completed prior to the tutor-led day of the course.
- The certificates are dated from completion of the tutor-led training.
- Once online learner codes have been sent a learner name change will incur a £20 fee